Pages

Friday, September 4, 2026

Garden Photo Tour - Fall

Landscaping

I'm ending out year two of landscaping and planting, mostly from seed.  It's been slow going with a lot of trial and error, here are a few photos from the early fall garden:


**********


Disclosure - This post may contain affiliate links.  If a purchase is made through an affiliate link then (at no additional cost to you) I will receive a commission.  You can read more about affiliate links here


**********



Landscaping
Landscaping
Sweet Autumn Clematis

I bought these as small starts and after a year of growth they are finally starting to fill out nicely.  The bees love them and they smell wonderfully!  



Landscaping
Mums

The mums are a hit and miss.  Of the six that I planted, only two have come back after last winter and they are spindly.  I think I'll stick to sturdier, similar looking plants like Coneflower.



Landscaping
Sedum

These were here when we moved in and honestly, I'm not a huge fan.  I kind of want to dig them up and remove them, but the bees are feasting and I feel bad taking away their food!  Maybe after they die back for the season...



Landscaping
Foxtail Grass

I planted this from seed a couple of years ago and gave up on it because I thought it didn't make it.  Not only did it make a lovely, full bush this year, but it's also starting to send out seeds!



Landscaping

This little guy has been staring in my kitchen window for three days now.  I'm not sure what he wants but I think we are friends???  😄



Landscaping
Lilac

One of my lilac bushes is blooming...in September.  No idea why this is going on...




Landscaping
Morning Glory and Moonflower

This is a whole situation right here.  My husband made me the pipe trellis over the shed because I have a baby Trumpet vine that will eventually fill out over the top (future post).  In the meantime, I wanted something pretty in the front and thought why not Morning Glory and Moonflower?  I needed to re-do the pots and wanted something that wasn't going to come back and interfere with the Trumpet, so I though these would be perfect.  

I've been taking photos the whole way, before and during, how I upgraded the pots, etc, etc, etc, prepping for a future blog post where I'm going to have all these beautiful flowers.  And let me tell you, there is not a damn one.  Not even a bud 😂😂😂  It turns out that when you mulch with lawn clippings that are nearly entirely clover, you highly increase the nitrogen in the pots.  Morning Glory's and Moonflower love nitrogen for growth, but they won't flower. I'll still post about the pot upgrades and all of that, but yeah.  Live and learn 😂😂😂




I hope you enjoyed this photo tour and update, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2026


**********

This post was added to the following link parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment