Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pirate Party Decor

Welcome to our pirate party!
Come in (if ye dare) and take a look at the decor 😁



Box Props

I saw this great idea on Pinterest.  All you have to do is wrap up an empty box and label it with pirate related contents for instant cargo inspired decor.  The 'rum', 'black powder' and 'cannon ball' labels were my/ pinterest's ideas, but I have to give Husby credit for the 'arm hooks' πŸ˜‚

The photo that I saw on Pinterest had a fishing net and starfish tossed over the boxes to make them look a bit more seaworthy.  But I ended up using some of the Little Man's pirate toys instead; a hat, sword, treasure map and coins.  I did add a few seashells though. I liked the idea of starfish, but wanted our party to lean more on the pirate side as opposed to beach themed.



Balloons

I went with red, black and white balloons to set a simple color pallet and echoed these colors with the table decor, plates, napkins and cake.

You can click here for all my balloon tips.



Signs

These signs placed throughout the party added a bit of fun to the atmosphere.

In case you can't see the text:

Top- Choose your poison & prepare to pillage (drink station)

Middle- Surrender the booty or walk the plank! (gift table)

Bottom- Ahoy me hearties!  Please be pardoning our barnacles during your voyage...  (front door).  This one I didn't make up, but found here at pirateglossary.com.  I was researching pirate vocabulary and could't resist making this website-under-construction apology into a sign.



Table Tops

After laying down a plain black table covering, I placed a large rectangle of brown craft paper on top.  I taped a couple of red construction paper X's into place and followed up with dash marks to create my own large 'treasure maps'.  This table happened to be the gift table, so it also got a sign, but the rest of the tables had treasure.



Living Room

This chest is a jewelry box and belongs to the Little Man, he saw it one day while at a garage sale and had to have it πŸ˜‰

The sword and coins are also his, and the large 'diamond' napkin ring belongs to Baby Girl.  The seashells I pulled from my design stash.



Dining Room

The larger chests, bones and coins (dining room and kitchen photos) are mine and usually live with my Halloween decorations.  The large faux diamond paper weight (look carefully to the left of the skull) is also mine.

(You can click here to see these with the rest of my Halloween decor)



Kitchen Table

I made little piles of forgotten treasure & seashells on the table tops as well.



Entry

Another 'treasure map' and the (previously described) sign made for a fun and festive entrance at the front door.



Cake Time!

I'll have separate posts coming soon to describe how I made and decorated the desserts.  
But for now, eat up me hearties! πŸ˜„



Pirate Ship

This cake caused me a lot of stress, but was worth every bit.  My Little Man was soooo happy!



Individual Cake

I like to make a coordinating miniature cake for the birthday kiddo.  That way they can take their time (and blow all of their candle germs) with their very own cake.  Plus, it's just adorable 😊



Shark Fin Cupcakes

Stay out of the water.....😝



Dessert Station Decor

Behind the desserts I propped up my copy of Pirateology.  I love this book!  Not only is it fun and entertaining with all sorts of envelopes and compartments to explore, but the book is stuffed with factual material regarding the history of pirates.  As a bonus, the cover even features a working compass 😏

In addition to the book I also had the Little Man's mini treasure chest filled with coins and seashells and more that I scattered around.  And if you go up a few photos, you can see a treasure map that hung on the wall as well.

**********

And that was the Little Man's pirate party.
I hope you enjoyed the voyage, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment