Saturday, August 5, 2017

I Love Lamps!


I love the addition of lamps in my home.  Of course we already have the standard ceiling lights, but I like to be able to alter the lighting within rooms.  Lamplight is great for additional task lighting (such as at a desk) but also gives a cozy glow to the space that can't be replicated with an overhead light.

That being said, I am well on the way to having a gorgeous (and thrifted) milk glass lamp in every room!

 Read on to see my a couple of  new addition:




While browsing through Good Will this past Spring, I found these TWO milk glass lamps for a total of $15.  I knew the dirty old shades would have to be replaced and of course the natural wood needed to be painted (Sorry Dad 😁), but couldn't wait to take them home. 




The lamp in the top photo was a standard tabletop lamp, but the one in the bottom photo had this really cool built-in bowl.  

I thought it would be a great makeup table lamp for myself -or my Baby Girl- with the bowl making a perfect storage area for pretty jewelry or hair accessories.  But...... -cut to my garage a day or so later-  .....and just as I finished with they very last layer of paint.....I dropped the lamp onto the concrete floor.  Oops! 😕

*Moving on*




My remaining lamp, all clean and pretty white after a bit of spray paint.

I didn't break this one 😎😎😎




Once painted, I added a new shade and placed the lamp in my closet room.

I like the way that having this counter level light in the middle of the room (on an island of drawers) makes the room quieter and more restful.  And of course, it's pretty!

**********

I hope you enjoyed this thrifting post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment