Tuesday, June 14, 2016

How To: A #1 Teacher Wreath





A couple of posts ago I shared with you the desktop floral pens that we made during teacher appreciation week.  I'm finally back today with the wreath that I mentioned in that post, read on to see how easy it was to put together!

(You can click here to read about the pens)

(The photos in this post were enhanced using Photoshop's Spring filter and white Vignette  border)

(This post is for you, Ms. Campbell, thanks for being the BEST 1st Grade teacher EVER!!!)

Ok now, on with the wreath......



Materials

For this wreath I used a straw base, bright red fabric tulips and a #1 Teacher chalkboard pick.

Baby Girl found the chalkboard pick back in September and had to have it for this year's appreciation gift.  I said ok and then (eventually) chose the tulips because they were spring flowers whose color matched the red apple on the pick perfectly.  Sometimes you start planning months in advance...ok, ok, if you are me you do that all the time :D



Step 1

After gluing one of the green leaves in place, I began layering the tulips on top.



Step 2

Keep layering!  I chose to create an asymmetrical wreath where only some of the wreath base was covered by flowers.  You could cover the entire wreath form if you wanted, or come up with another design entirely.



Step 3

After the flowers were in place I softened the look by layering in a few more greens.



Step 4

After using a pair of wire cutters to remove the chalkboard sign from it's stick, I glued it in place at the center of the tulips.  And that was it, all done!

I thought the wreath looked ok at this angle but then I hung it up for a photo and.....






.....realized that it looked much better hanging at a slight angle.

That happens sometimes in design.  Sometimes you change things up a bit along the way, sometimes you adjust the finished product or sometimes you go in a completely different direction altogether.  It's all ok, just enjoy the creative process!

**********

I hope you enjoyed this how-to post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment