Thursday, June 23, 2016

Summer Decor 2016

Since I am spending the day tucked away in the air conditioning,
I'll share some of my newest summer decor items!

 Take a look:



Lemons

These are the new lemons that I picked up treasure hunting this spring.  I couldn't remember if I already had lemons or not, but (of course) decided to take these home anyway.

(You can read more about that day by clicking here)



Double Lemons

Well, it turns out that I did already have lemons stashed away in the garage (surprise, surprise)!

Can you believe the difference in color though?  The new lemons on the left are bright and pretty while the set I already had (right) look dull and unappealing compared to the new set.

I had contemplated painting the old set lime green (since I still haven't come across any faux limes)....but the lemons are quite a bit bigger than a lime should be and I like for things to be realistic.

For now I put the old set of lemons in a bowl on top of my microwave and I'll keep looking ;)



Succulents

I've had my eye on these faux succulents for a couple of years now but never purchased any.  Since I had to order a case for a succulent themed wedding package (post coming soon!) I decided to keep a few for myself.

The pots that the succulents came in were small, terracotta colored and plastic.  I liked the color but not the 'plasticy' look - I'm all about my fakes, but they can't look fake, know what I'm saying??? :D

So I ended up re-potting them into these little white wooden containers.  (These are the same containers that I used for the desktop floral pen arrangements for teacher appreciation week).  I like that they are white, but I think they are a bit to modern looking for my taste.  I know I'm going to end up changing them again but I'm not sure yet exactly how ;)

(You can click here to read more about the desktop floral pens)



Oranges & Sunglasses

Baby Girl can no longer fit into these adorable pink sunglasses, but I can't bear to let them go.  My solution?  Tuck them into a bowl of faux oranges - you can't get more summery than that!


You can click here or here to see more of my summer decor.


**********

That's all for now, enjoy the sunshine and thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment