Saturday, January 13, 2018

Thomas the Train Birthday Party: The Invitations






All Aboard!

My Little Man is turning 4 very soon and we are celebrating with a 
Thomas the Train themed birthday party!  

Read on to see how easy it was to put together these Thomas themed invitations:



Thomas the Train Party Pack

Usually when we plan a party, I rely mostly on color to convey the overall theme -I don't often purchase character plates or balloons, for example.   But this past summer while treasure hunting, the kids and I stumbled upon an entire bag of Thomas themed party decor.  At $2 for the entire bag (and with great enthusiasm from the Little Man) we snapped it up!


In case you can't tell from the photo, the pack contains large (folded up) banners of Thomas, cardboard character cut-outs, swirly foil streamers and character 'confetti'.  The confetti didn't show up well in this pic, but that's what I pulled to use for the invitations.  If you don't have something similar, don't worry.  Thomas stickers would work just as well.



Step 1

After gathering my supplies (blue scrapbooking paper, red envelopes and the 'confetti') I printed out the wording that I wanted to use for the invites.


In case you can't see it, here is the wording:

**ALL ABOARD**
(Child's Name Here) is turning 4!
Join us for lunch & dessert (Date Here)
The birthday express will be departing (Time & Place Here)


Side Note:  Those red envelopes are left over from when I made the Little Man his pirate party invitations last year.  (You can click here to read more about those)



Step 2

Using a standard sized (8X10) sheet of colored paper, I cut each 
sheet into equal fourths to serve as the backdrop for the invitations.



Step 3

Next I glued the trimmed down wording sheet at an angle for a couple of reasons.  
One, there was more room that way to feature all of the text and two, I just thought it looked better 😊



Step 4

Lastly, I added a couple of embellishments from the 
Thomas birthday party pack and the invitations were ready to go.

**********

I'll have more party fun coming soon, but in the meantime, I hope you've enjoyed this how-to post  Thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2018








No comments:

Post a Comment