Saturday, July 28, 2018

Mermaid Birthday: The Invitations






August is nearing and that means my Baby Girl will be celebrating her 9th birthday very soon.
This year she chose a mermaid theme so we put together the following invitations:



Supplies

After pulling paper and pre-cut fish shapes out of my scrapbooking supplies, the only thing we had to purchase were the seashell stickers.



Seashell Stickers

I wanted to give a close-up of these stickers because they were so pretty.
I found them at Goodwill for a total of 59 cents!  Not bad, not bad 😊



Mermaid Tail

Though the stickers were a great start, I knew I wanted a nice mermaid tail featured on the invitations as well.  I was going to sketch one out from scratch when I came across these fish cut-outs in my stash.  They were such a pretty color and I liked the nice, full fins so I figured, why not just cut the tails from here?  After sketching a 'body' I cut the tails and added a few ink details to the fins.  I left a bit of length on the body as it would end up being trimmed from the finished invitation anyway.



Cut Paper & Add Detail

I trimmed down the sheets of scrapbooking paper (some blue, some purple) into envelope size and then used a bit of the pink paper to add color to the corners.



Add Tail & Sticker

Next I added a tail to the top left corner (you can see how the excess paper was trimmed) and then a sticker to the top right corner.  Normally I add my stickers last, but since these were so larger I put one on before the text.



Add Text & Sticker

I then completed the invitations by adding the text and then layering a second sticker on top of that.

In case it's hard to read, here is the text:
-Splish Splash, it's a mermaid bash-
Join us for (child's name here) birthday party
(Date, time and location here)
*Lunch and dessert to be served*



And there you have it, easy to create invitations for a mermaid birthday party.

**********

I hope you enjoyed this how-to post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer



© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment