Saturday, July 21, 2018

Treasure Hunting & Thrifting - Summer Glassware 2018

Half of the treasure hunting season has passed without an update, so I'm going to fix that today with a few pretty glassware finds:



Milk Glass Lamp

I finally found a cute little lamp for the top of the refrigerator  (Goodwill, $5) and I love the soft glow that it provides in the evenings.

(You can click here to read more about my lamp obsession)



Milk Glass Dish & Bowl

Both thrift store finds and $2 apiece.  The dish will end probably up organizing small items in my crafting space and the bowl has been added to the rest of the mixing bowls in the kitchen.



Glass Cake Stand

I decided to pick this stand up even though it is without a dome - that's me 'branching out' and 'broadening my horizons' 😁  I found it treasure hunting for $5.



Free Vases

I'm telling you, it happens.  Every once in awhile I happen upon somebody so intent on purging their home that they are giving away things for free.  This was one of those times so I ended up with two more vases from a yard sale.



Black Milk Glass

Yay, yay, yay!  I finally found some colored milk glass!  This set of black plates and one dish were $7.  Not bad considering they are vintage Arcoroc from France 💗

You all know I love my milk glass.  While I have tons of white and two jadeite (beautiful green) pieces, I would like to expand my collection to include black, pink, red and blue.  I probably won't display all of the colors at one time though.  Maybe black with Halloween decor and red for Valentine's Day...or maybe just have the pieces on hand for various party themes...I'm not sure yet.

(You can click here to read more about my collection)

**********

I hope you enjoyed this treasure hunting and thrifting post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment