Saturday, November 3, 2018

Mermaid Party Baking - Seashell Cookies





Halloween has come and gone, November is here and I'm finally getting to this seashell cookie post from our mermaid birthday party last August!

After seeing several photos like the one above on Pinterest, I decided it couldn't be that hard to replicate.  Read on to see how my daughter and I did it:



Supplies

Vanilla wafer cookies, graham crackers, pink cupcake icing and white chocolate Sixlets  were what we used to create these adorable desserts.



Cookie Construction

Using two of the wafers, I added a bit of icing to one and my daughter then gently placed the second cookier on top, being careful not to smash it down.  She then followed up by adding one Sixlet 'pearls' to the front of the open seashell.  Repeat the process a couple dozen times and that is all it takes to prep an army of clamshells.

Once complete, I gently stacked the cookies into a sealed plastic container and stored them in the fridge.  This was the evening before the party, so I wasn't worried about the cookies getting too soft inside of the fridge, but I probably wouldn't attempt to put them in cold storage any longer than this.  Especially not covered in icing, any way 😉



Graham Cracker Sand

Remember that box of graham crackers?  I can't remember where I read it, but it turns out that crushed graham crackers makes a perfect sandy bedding 😊  I prepped this early by smashing half a box of crackers and stored the crumbs in a plastic bag.  

Once it was time to ready the dessert station, I spread the crushed crackers out over a cupcake stand before putting the seashell cookies on top.



Sandcastles

I also added these sandcastles to give a bit of whimsy to the display.  Found at a thrift store they were about $5 for the set.  

This was a great deal as the original tag was still in place on the bottom of the large one, indicating a price of $15!  It also said that the castles were made of real sand, which is pretty cool 😎



Completed Seashell Display



Dessert Station

Here you can see the seashell cookies on display with the cakes at the party.  Notice that crepe paper seaweed in the background?  I've got one more mermaid party post where I'll get to that and the table tops.  Until then, enjoy this first weekend of November!

Want more details from this party?

Click here to read about the invitations.
Click here for a party decor preview.
Click here to read more about that pretty layer cake.

**********

I hope you liked this bakery post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer



© Studio 27 - By Jennifer Adams 2018


2 comments:

  1. I love these cute clam cookies, and your whole party! Found you at Best of the Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you liked the post! I've only recently discovered link parities and 'Best of the Weekend' is one of my favorites :)

      Delete