Saturday, June 22, 2019

Treasure Hunting Haul: June 2019




Because it is summer time and treasure hunting is LIFE, 
here is another post full of my pretty finds:



Wood Slices $1 ea

I've been interested in the sliced-wood-as-decor props for awhile now, and finally stumbled upon these.  I'm not sure how I'll use them, so for now they are stacked in the closet with the rest of my not currently in use pieces.  

I love the look of them as table centerpieces, but I would kind of need to have some sort of themed party to use them 😜  I also thought about using them as plant stands outside, but I don't really want to let them rot in the rain.  They could work on the covered front porch though.........maybe I'll stick them out there when I rework things for fall.



Antique Books .25 ea

How great are these antique books?! The titles include; The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett), Under the Lilacs & Rose in Bloom (Louisa M. Alcott) and Elsie's New Relations (of the Elsie Books) by Martha Finley.  Not only are the covers pretty - especially when stacked together - but something about an antique book automatically gives a look of cozy richness.  

From what I've seen online, these could be flipped for around $5 each, but for now my Daughter wants to keep them.  An avid reader, she collects books for reading as well as bedroom decor 😍



Faux Roses $1

Because I can never have enough gorgeous faux roses, I brought this little vase home.  I love the artificial water in the bottom and they have made a nice addition to my dressing table.



Rose Gold Molds $2

Ok, so here's the thing-  I really like these rose gold molds and have a few already (in copper too), but don't actually have a way in which to display them, yet.  So these came home to live in a box with the rest of my collection until I come up with an idea.  I don't have a problem, I really don't....😆



Beaded Pumpkin .10

This large, faux, beaded pumpkin was a bit beat up, but for only a dime I thought I'd give it a home.  I was curious as to how the beaded finish would look when sprayed with gold paint and the price was right for a little experimentation.  

The results, you ask?  Well, it kind of looks a little terrible as the iridescent beads now resemble some sort of messy growth, but that's ok.  I'll soldier on and figure some way to save this pumpkin 😀



Milk Glass Bowls  $4

What kind of treasure hunting update would it be without an addition to my milk glass collection?  The two larger bowls I added to my display cabinet, but the smaller ones I'm using.

The plain one is on one of my dressing cabinets and I've been using it to hold jewelry that I plan on wearing the next day.  The smaller, textured bowl has been helping me out with my chocolate ice cream 😉

**********

And that's it for my most recent finds.
I hope you enjoyed this treasure hunting post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2019

**********

This post was added to the Finding Silver Pennies weekly link party.

No comments:

Post a Comment