Saturday, June 15, 2019

Back Porch Greenery: A Treasure Hunting Haul



Recently I posted a treasure hunting haul in which I scored a few rainbow painted terra cotta pots as well as a giant box of artificial greens.  Today I'm sharing how these came together to help me decorate the back porch.  Check it out:



Piles of Greens

In case you didn't click that previous post link, here are the piles of greenery after I sorted and washed them.  How do I wash my artificials, you ask?  I simply fill the kitchen sink with warm soapy water and give them a good swish before rinsing and leaving them to air dry.  You can use the bathtub as well, but I'd rather only have to clean the sink once I'm done 😉

This huge pile of greenery was only $3.  Nope, not kidding!  It's good stuff too, so I was really happy.  In fact, I estimated the retail to be around $200.

 In addition to the bunches I also picked up a potted artificial Dracaena (the kind sold at Hobby Lobby for around $50) for another $3.  If you are keeping track, that's a total of $6 for greening an entire back porch!



Patio

Here is the patio side of the back porch.  The two little stars indicate greened pots that I already had, the rest all came from that one box of greens!

Can you see the Dracaena? It's the tall plant next to the playhouse 😊



Close-Ups

Here are a couple of close-ups of the patio side.  Notice that gold painted terra cotta pot?  It's one of those previously rainbow painted ones that I found for .25

You can click here to see the rainbow pots.



Dining Area

There was so much greenery in the box that I was able to fill out the dining side of the back porch as well.  Again, the two little stars indicate pots that I already had in place.

(You can click here to read about updating your patio furniture with acrylic paint)
(You can click here to read more about the milk glass finds in the photo)

Here are some close ups of the dining side:







And there you have it; an entire back porch fully greened with $6 of thrifted goods!

**********

I hope you enjoyed this treasure hunting post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2019

**********

This post was added to the Finding Silver Pennies

and the Best of the Weekend weekly link parties.

2 comments:

  1. What a great greenery haul! Love how you decorated your patio! Found you at The Best of the Weekend Link Party june 21

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post, Sylvia. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete