Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mother's Day (2015) - How We Celebrated

I had a great Mother's Day! Baby Girl and I spent Saturday morning treasure hunting (photos coming soon) and then Sunday was spent with a whole lot of relaxing.

Husby is good about making sure I get to sleep in every Sunday, but this time he made breakfast in bed too.  I actually lazed around and watched HGTV while he did the cooking.  Then he and the kids brought me food, cards and an adorable Kindergarten gift (that you will see below).

Family Humor:  If Mommy gets breakfast in bed, the kids think it's a party!  They were both in bed next to me before I even got all of my food.  Then they sat there like two little birds each waiting in turn for bites of my eggs!  I called out to Husby that he didn't need to bother with serving them individually, as fast as they were eating up my breakfast he could just add their food to my plate too! :D

-Read on to see photos from my weekend-



Polka-Dot Box

Mother's Day weekend started early for me when I came home to find this adorable gift (from my Mother & Father In Law) waiting for me.  Can we just take a minute to admire the polka-dots and the 'rose' bow? Two of my favorite things right there!



Stained Glass Seashells

THIS is what was in the box!  It is a stained glass piece created by Papa himself!  My entire master bathroom is decorated in seashells, so this fits in perfectly.  Right now I have it hanging in front of the big mirror, but one day (when I have one in my bathroom) I'll hang it in front of a window.  If you think this is beautiful now, you should see it with light passing through the glass!  I can't decide what I love more, the watery blue sections of glass or the Nautilus - that's the big seashell in the center.

(You can see the rest of my master bathroom decor by clicking here)




Wildflowers

Husby made sure to bring me a big bouquet of wildflowers.  I don't know what these are, but they smell soooooo good!

Family Humor:  When Husby asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, I told him I would like it if he found me some flowers.   It was after spending a day in the woods mushroom hunting that he came home covered in dirt with a huge bouquet of these.  He said he had to climb down into a ditch to pick them, but he got the job done.  He is so awesome!  :)

(You can read more about the pretty vases they are in by clicking here)



Pencil Holder

Baby Girl decorated this beautiful pencil holder at school.  She made sure to take it out of her backpack and hide it under her bed until Sunday.  (I know this because she asked me not to look under her bed or behind her bookshelf in her room - I made sure not to look or notice anything!)   She also made me me a few beautiful cards.  The cards will be going into my scrapbook, but the mug now sits proudly on my desk. I love it!



Dinner

I didn't have to cook dinner either, Husby took care of that by grilling chicken shish kabobs with lots of veggies!  He created an Asian inspired marinade this time by mixing up teriyaki and a few other seasonings - it was really, really good!  And since he grilled them outside, the mess was minimal ;)

That was my wonderful Mother's Day weekend, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment