Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Currently....(November 2015)

Here is a little bit of what's been going on with me lately...



 More Birthday

Husby, the kids and I celebrated a little bit more on Saturday with this yummy ice cream pie.



 Lots of Baking

Thanksgiving for my side of the family will be at our house again this year.  That means that Baby Girl and I spent about three hours baking together this past Sunday!  It was nice to have the quality time together, for which I am thankful.  I am also thankful for extra freezer space so all of these goodies can stay nice and fresh ;)



 Ice Cube Experiments

I found this pumpkin shaped ice cube tray when I was getting out my loaf pans (I bought it at Dollar Tree intending to use it for Halloween and then forgot about it!)  I decided to mix up some food coloring and see how a few 'pumpkins' would look in the ice bowl (I have my extra ice ready to go for our holiday feast on Thursday).  So far it looks pretty cute, but I have a feeling they might quickly turn into an orange, melt-y mess.......:D



 Gathering & Labeling

This is a photo of my dining room table, full of dishes to be used.  How do I pull off any party?  By breaking all of the tasks into separate days.  This is most important for Thanksgiving when such a large meal is involved.  I don't have the time (or the sanity) to create a feast in one day.

My other trick?  Write everything on post-it notes.  Not only do I know which plate/ bowl/ platter is intended for what, but I also have a note for each side dish containing the cooking information.  All I have to do on Thursday is pull each prepped dish out of the fridge and either cook or reheat.

And the best secret of them all???  Have your Dad cook and bring the turkey :D :D :D

In case you are curious, here is my holiday prep breakdown by day:
Sunday - Baking and freezing (remember to wrap it tight!)
Monday - Cleaning and gathering/ labeling.
Tuesday - Casserole prep/ make post-it instructions for the cooking of each prepped dish.
Wednesday - Decorate, set tables and visit Husby's family
Thursday - Pull out the pre-made desserts, prepped casserole sides and cook/ heat where needed.



Important Information

 When you live with a quirky collector like me, this is the kind of message that has to be relayed from time to time.  As part of my birthday gift, I got a dozen very realistic looking prop cookies for the kitchen.

Now, would Husby actually pick one up and take a bite?  No - they are hard and obviously not edible, but from across the kitchen they look really yummy!  I thought I would save him from disappointment and shoot him a little text before he came in :D

I'll be back later this week with a post all about my new cookies.  Until then, enjoy the holiday and thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment