Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Baby Girl's Memory Quilt

It has occurred to me that while I have shared numerous posts mentioning my holiday memory quilts, I've never shared the one I made for Baby Girl!

These 'cheat quilts' are something that I found on Pinterest when I was looking for a way to re-purpose a pile of Baby Girl's blankets and clothing.  Basically all you do is take an existing comforter and sew your patches right on top.  You can hem your patches first to keep them smooth and straight, or leave them raw to fray over time.

I'm still in the process of gathering outgrown clothing for the Little Man's memory quilt but today you can take a look at Baby Girl's.  Enjoy!



If you look closely you can see that bibs, blankets, jammies and even her newborn hat made it onto the quilt.  I tried to keep buttons and pockets intact whenever possible, and placed smaller patched onto larger sections to create more visual interest.

How did I choose what items to include?  I went through all of her clothing/ bedding and if there was any item that made me go, "Awwwwwww" and had a specific memory attached, it went on the quilt!

Lesson Learned:  This particular comforter is a queen size, so once everything was added it became very heavy!  While it's certainly able to be washed and folded, it's can be quite the task.  Because of this I have scaled the Little Man's down to a twin size.  Remember you can still add just as many different fabrics this way,  just in smaller sections.,

Scroll on for more photos of this quilt!

*And please excuse the wrinkles, not only did I pull the quilt out of storage for the pictures, but a couple of somebodies ran across it a few times as I was working! ;)









Want to see more of my memory quilts?
You can click here to see my Halloween quilt.
You can click here to see my 4th of July quilt.

(My Christmas quilt is still in patches, but pics of my Valentine quilt will be up in February!)

I hope you enjoyed these photos of Baby Girl's memory quilt, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment