Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Milk Glass Lamps




Hello, hello!
Remember my last post where I mentioned my newest venture into the art of thrifting?  Well let me tell you, I am having a blast!

It was during my second trip to the Good Will store when I saw a display of lampshades and remembered that I needed to replace the lamp in our master bedroom.  Our previous lamp was pretty: gold with a cream shade, but beyond repair.  It turns out that lamps can only handle being tipped off of the top shelf so many times before they end up in the trash.  Luckily, the Little Man has learned to climb into our bed now without using my nightstand-bookshelf as a climbing wall :D

Anyway,  so there I was looking at lampshades and wondering if there were any lamps for sale when I turned around a saw......two matching MILK GLASS lamps!!!!  Yayyyy!  A quick text to the Husby to see if the lamps were safe to use (vintage electrical) and we were in business.



Pretty Little Lamp

The lamps were $7 each and needed a bit of attention as well as new shades.



Imperfections

After cleaning the lamps you  could see that the finish was a bit damaged.  No problem, let me just whip out a can of spray paint.  Gold, of course ;)



Tape it Up

Before beginning, it's useful to tape off the areas that you don't want covered in paint.  Since I was using spray paint, I went ahead and covered the remaining areas of exposed glass, but you get the idea.



Fresh & Pretty

Such a difference a little bit of paint can make!



Add a Shade

I picked up the shades at Wal-Mart for $6, that makes two lamps for a total of $26!
(I already had the gold spray paint on hand, so no expense there)



Vintage Glow

I love the way the lamps look at night, so soft and pretty.  They really highlight the climbing wall - I mean nightstand-bookshelf - too, don't you think?!?!

As far as thrifting goes, I'm definitely hooked.  Just a little bit more work on my French china cabinet, and I can share that with you too :)

I hope you enjoyed this thrifting post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer


© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016
  

No comments:

Post a Comment