Saturday, September 1, 2018

Launch Party!


Welcome to the first post of Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams!


(Imagine that I'm tossing shiny, golden confetti and handing out chocolate cupcakes 😎)

If you've been following along, you'll know that this blog is a relaunch of my previous brand; Jennifer Adams Flowers (JAF).  When I started the JAF blog (about 4 years ago) it was right after becoming a stay at home mom.  I was using my skills as a floral designer to create and sell artificial flower wedding sets on Ebay and wanted a place to showcase my work, as well as share all of the crafty things I do in my daily life.  Well guess what?  Things have been going well and I find myself branching out in many areas other than just flowers.  It's been bugging me for awhile that the JAF name is so limiting, and I've been working for the past several weeks to rebrand under a new name.  I'm thrilled to have you all join me at Studio 27!  Read on to learn more:




What's the same:

The Overall Look-  I've been careful to maintain the overall theme of my blog and you will find the familiar red rose background and mauve-y pink accents in place.

The Posts- I have imported all 300+ posts from the previous blog.  Yes, that's right. Every single post ever published since 2014 is right here and available for reading all in one place (You can find the post archives on the right of this page or search for posts using the 'search this blog' feature below the archives).  In order to make things less complicated, I've gone through and updated each post using my new streamlined set of labels.  I'll explain more about those labels in a bit 😉

Pinterest- While I have updated the name and board covers of my Pinterest account, I have kept all of my old blog photos in place.  These photos will continue to link to the associated JAF posts so that Pinterest users can access blog content easily.  You can click here to reach me on Pinterest.

The Old Blog- Though I will not continue to post at JAF, I will leave the blog open for browsing.




What's new:

The Name- Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams is the name of the new blog.  I have also taken steps to update the name for my Ebay Store and Etsy shop.

Social Media- I have created a new Facebook page that you can follow along by clicking here

Contact Info-  You can now reach me by email at Studio27byJenniferAdams@gmail.com
Make sure to subscribe (look for a 'subscribe here' box at the right of this post) to follow along by email!

Shopping- I have a created a new 'Shop Studio 27' tab that takes you to the page containing links for my Ebay store and Etsy Shop.  You will find this tab located at the top of the blog's homepage. 
Note:  While the  Ebay store is fully stocked, the Etsy shop is still 'under construction'.  I've got a few things in mind for this shop though, so check back in the near future 😉

Labels- Instead of the multiple labels found on the old blog (there were more than 30 and you know I hate clutter 😊), I have streamlined my topics into the following 9 labels:

*At Home*
This label will cover the previously separate JAF categories of:

-Gardening
-Home Decor
-How We Celebrated
-Humor
-My Life in Pictures



*Blogging*
This label is new and I'm really excited about it!  After spending the last few years blogging I have learned quite a bit about what it takes to create a blog and an associated brand.  Since a large part of that is design related, I thought it would be fitting to share a bit of my experience here.  As of now, you will not be able to locate a 'Blogging' label tab to click on, but as soon as I've posted content with the 'Blogging' label attached, the new tab will appear at the top of the homepage with the rest of the labels.



*Budgeting*
Similar to the Blogging label, this new category will appear once related content is published.



*Design*
This label is a big one and will contain the following JAF subjects:

-Painting
-Printables
-Sewing/ Quilting
-Crafty Fun
-Scrapbooking
-Flowers
-Hair Accessories
-Hand & Foot Print Art
-Kids Crafts
-Photography
-Photoshop
-Wreaths
-Restyle
-Upcycle
-Happy Customers


*Treasure Hunting & Thrifting*
You know I can't leave out my obsession with garage sales and thrift stores.  I'll continue to talk about these experiences under the 'Treasure Hunting & Thrifting' label as well as include the topics of Restyle and Upcycle when appropriate.


The Remaining Labels:
(These labels will function in the same way that they did on the JAF blog)
*Party*
*Holiday House*
*Clean & Organize*
*How To*
*The Bakery*





Whew, that was a lot of technical info, lets get back to those imaginary cupcakes 😅

Whether you've followed me from the old blog or are joining Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams for the first time, I'm glad to have you.  I look forward to the journey to come and thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Studio 27 - By Jennifer Adams 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment