Saturday, May 11, 2019

Spring Thrifting: Vintage Milk Glass & More

This time of year I'm normally in full garage sale mode but our local weather has been consistently cool and rainy, meaning garage sales have been few and far between.  I've been trying to be as patient as possible, but when an add for Goodwill popped up on my Facebook feed right before Easter and stated that there would be and Easter egg hunt in the store, I couldn't hold back.  I mean, if I can't go to any garage sales, I should at least be able to hit up the thrift store, right? 😊

Check out the ad:




This ad was telling me that not only do I get to go thrifting, but I also get to look for an Easter egg and that egg will contain a discount?!?!  These are dreams coming true right here, dreams coming true!

And, you guys, I found the egg!  It was a giant, ostrich sized plastic blue egg with the Goodwill logo on the side.  Inside was a folded piece of paper with a barcode, which once scanned at the checkout revealed a discount of 10%.  It really is the simple things in life that bring about the most happiness 😂

So anyway, armed with my discount here is what I found:




Harvest Grape Mugs

 I have a full set of milk glass mugs that match my punch bowl, as well as a couple that I use for everyday, but I really wanted a couple more to dress up my back porch bakers rack.  When I saw these for $1.99 each I went ahead and grabbed them.

(You can click here to see my punch bowl set)



Back Porch Bakers Rack

Here is a peek at my back porch bakers rack, now that it has a bit of milk glass pretty.  If you remember from this post, I've been wanting to add some mugs and possibly some pretty glass bottles.  After adding the mugs I thought, why not use vases instead of bottles?  I pulled a couple of milk glass vases and a mixing bowl from my collection to round out the look.




Harvest Grape Goblets

Just next to the mugs (and again only $1.99) I also found this set of six milk glass goblets.  I already had four just like this that I use all of the time on Sundays when I make fruit smoothies...and now I have a nice full set of ten 😍



Never Enough ❤

In addition to the mugs and goblets I also found all of this:

Pedestal $1.99
Lidded Jar $3.99
Bowls $1.99 each
Tray $2.99



Vintage Tins

Lastly, I picked up this set of tins for $1.99.  I'm not usually a silver or chrome person, so I was surprised to find myself liking these lidded containers.  Something about them reminds me of my Granny though, they seem like the type of container she would have had in her pantry.  So I'm pretty sure that's where the attraction comes from 😎

**********

And that was my most wonderful Easter-egg-hunt-shopping-spree at the Goodwill!  Since then I've managed to find a couple of garage sales and a collection of treasures that I'll be sharing soon.

But for now I hope you've enjoyed this thrifting post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2019

**********

This post was added to the Finding Silver Pennies,
the Vintage Charm,
and the Best of the Weekend weekly link parties.


6 comments:

  1. Talk about timing, I just grabbed a milk glass goblet just like yours from the glass recycling bin at our dump, last week. It's only one, but I just couldn't let it get crushed, so I took it home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even one can make a beautiful vase, congratulations on the find!

      Delete
  2. Great finds. I am a milk glass lover, too, and love finding things reasonably priced. Our GWs in Maine have raised prices so much it is harder to find bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, higher prices are never fun! I wonder if you might have better luck in non-national thrift stores? Goodwill has an online auction site as well, but I've never tried it. Happy thrifting and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great finds, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete