Saturday, August 17, 2019

Treasure Hunting Haul - A Crafter's Dream!

Treasure Hunting Thrifted Crafting Haul


Here it is, the super amazing, super huge crafting supplies thrifting haul that I hinted at recent post!
I had wonderfully good luck one garage sale day and found everything shown here at just two sales.

Check out the goods:



Thrifted Fiskars Cutting Mat & Scoring Tool
Cutting Mat & Scoring Tool

I've been wanting to pick up one of these Fiskars brand cutting mats for a few years now.  But since I'm not a big sewer, (and honestly, I'm not sure how I'll use it 😀) I keep passing it up.  I figure I can better spend the $15 or so that this size mat costs elsewhere, right?  But then I found this one for $2 and now here we are.

The scoring tool was still in it's original package and cost only .25
I don't cut a lot of fabric, but it could maybe help with scoring paper too so I grabbed it as well.
Honestly, I just like tools 😆



Thrifted Curve Set for Painting Detail
Acrylic Curve Set

I've been admiring Pinterest photos of furniture, walls and ceilings lately where this kind of detailing has been added with paint.  I've never seen a 'curve set' before, but what a wonderful collection of stencils!  I imagine that I can use these for paint, fabric, paper projects and all sorts of things.
Though the original store price of $16 was on the back, I picked it up for only a quarter!



Thrifted Craft Supplies From Garage Sales
Ribbon, Buttons & Rhinestones

I'm a firm believer that one can never have too many supplies on hand, especially supplies that normally cost quite a bit more than you were able to snag them for 😉

I was able to grab all of the (unopened) ribbon for .25, the bag of buttons for .50 and the bag of rhinestones for $2.  Not bad at all.



Thrifted Craft Supplies From Garage Sales
Glitter & Embellishments

As you can see from the tags in the picture, all of this came in at a mere $4.  
Those glitter bottles are still full and those packages are unopened! 😁



Thrifted Craft Supplies From Garage Sales
Bead Boxes

One of my very favorite craft supplies to find while thrifting are these plastic organizing boxes full of odds and ends.  At $1 apiece these large containers were worth the cost even empty (brand new they are usually around $5 and up depending upon size).  But the best part is getting home and opening them up to find out all of what's inside - It's like a thrifter's Christmas!

And these particular boxes didn't disappoint:




Thrifted Craft Supplies From Garage Sales
So. Much. Stuff!

Not only were the containers full of beads, sequins and jewelry making hardware, but there were even several already made necklaces and bracelets as well.  My Daughter was quite happy to take those off my hands right away 😉

**********

And that was my best treasure hunting craft haul ever.
I hope you enjoyed this thrifting post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2019

**********

This post was added to the Finding Silver Pennies
and the Best of the Weekend weekly link parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment