Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ice Cream Party 2014

I'm back today with another gift basket post.

This one was for my nephew that turned 8 back in September.  Yes, September....As in 4 months ago....And now I'm finally getting this post up and published!

It seems like I always have at least 20 unpublished drafts hanging out in my blogger dashboard at any given time.  And in addition to that, my calendar notebook full of titles I want to post...for every week of the year.  Not to mention what's in my head...we won't even go there!  Ahhh, so much content, so little time!  Anyway.......

The theme for the basket was 'Ice Cream Party', take a look:



Supplies 

Left:  A colorful red basket, white paper filling, a shiny noise maker and party napkins.
Party napkins are a great way to add pops of color to your presentation in addition to serving as package filler.  You can't have a kids party without balloons, so these napkins were perfect.

Right:  I filled the basket with a glass sundae dish, chocolate sauce, sprinkles and various candy toppings.  The sprinkle container was cute so I left it as is, but the bags that the candy came in were not all that attractive.  I fixed this by purchasing a couple of clear plastic containers instead. 

I had ice cream too of course, but it had to stay in the freezer ;)



 
  I arranged the basket items on top of the shredded paper.  You can see that while the napkins serve to cushion the glass sundae dish, they also add a festive feel to the basket.



After wrapping the basket in cellophane I made a bow with yellow curling ribbon and the noise maker.  I thought a spoon would be a nice touch so I added that to the bow as well.

(For tips on taming your cellophane click here to read this earlier post)



Gift Tag

Instead of purchasing a card, I wrote and printed out this little poem.  A piece of green scrapbook paper as the background and a couple of ice cream stickers completed the tag nicely.  To attach the tag I used a hole punch and some yellow curling ribbon.


**Bonus**
  You can laugh at me too, let me set the scene:

  Husby walks in to the kitchen and tries to start talking to me when I exclaim, "Wait!!!  Stop!!!  I gotta write this poem down now!!!"

Husby says, "You gotta do what?!?!"

To which I responded, "This poem!  I just thought of the poem for Logan's birthday gift, I have to write it down now!"

Husby is used to me, so he just twinkled his eyes and shook his head.
The life of a 'creative'  :D :D :D

And now back to our basket......



The Finished Basket

From what I heard, the ice cream party basket was a success!

What kinds of gift baskets have you put together this holiday season?  Send me your pics and I just might feature you in an upcoming post.

Until then, happy holidays & thanks for stopping by!


-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment