Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Upcycle: Party Decor Turned Keepsake Wreath




I was all set to hit you guys with a treasure hunting post today when I logged in and realized that I still had this wreath post hanging out in my dashboard.  Oops!

(We won't discuss the other 25 or so posts that are waiting there as well..hahaha!)

Anyway, read on to see how I turned leftover party decorations into an adorable keepsake wreath:



Leftover Flowers

Here are the flowers I used to decorate the Welcome Baby Party that I have blogged about recently.
I wanted to re-purpose them in some way and got the idea to recycle them into a wreath.

(You can click here to see the flowers in use at the party)



I looked through my stash of crafting supplies and found this partially decorated wreath.  

The wreath was a treasure hunting find from earlier this summer.  It came as you see it here: with greenery, purple flowers and a few seashells.



You can also see that it cost me quite a bit.....;)



The first thing I did (after washing the wreath) was to remove everything but the greenery.  I wanted a nice clean base for the pink flowers.



These purple flowers are pretty so I tucked them away into a supply bin.  Who knows where they might come in handy?  :)

*The seashells I threw into the trash, they were chipped up and nasty.



I used hot glue to place the white roses on first...



...and then followed behind with the pink roses.

I only had three each of the white and pink roses, so I started with them first.  That way I could make sure that they were evenly spaced apart.



After that I began filling in the greens pace with the pink daisies.

Overall I liked the way it was going, but one thing was bugging me: The white roses looked too stark, almost out of place.  

I decided that somehow they needed to be toned down a bit...



...and got out these light pink fabric rose petals (also left over from the party).



I used the pink rose petals as filler, and glued them in among the white rose petals.  You can see that they really helped to soften the look of the bright white.



A Close-Up



After 'fixing' the white roses, I continued to add in pink daisies to fill out the wreath.  I also decided to add in a few more rose petals here and there, just for kicks :D

And there you have it, a simple way to turn leftover party supplies into a beautiful keepsake.

I hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment