Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Welcome Baby Party: The Decor (2015)



A little over a week ago I was lucky to host a welcome baby party for my Sister and newest Niece.  I chose a simple but elegant design theme; blending pink, white and several glass pieces.

Take a look at how things came together:



Glassware

The first thing I did to start decorating was to gather my glassware.  Not only is it good to get organized, but seeing decor items together really helps to inspire me!

Tip:  Don't be afraid to mix and match your glassware.  You can see here that while no two items are from a matched set, they blend together nicely.  I recommend sticking to just two or three types (such as the white and clear used here) to keep things from looking too random.



Plates & Napkins

I wanted this party to be more elegant, so I pulled out my glass plates (as opposed to my usual paper products).  Glassware really helps to turn your decor up a few notches on the fancy scale ;)

I did however decide to go with paper napkins, as I wanted that pop of color.

You can click here to read more about my glass table settings.



Milk Glass Punch Bowl

Keeping with the pink and white elegant theme, I also pulled out my punch bowl.  Baby Girl and my older Niece enjoyed drinking from these 'princess' cups!

You can click here to read about this beautiful set that once belonged to my Great Grandmother in my very first Treasure Hunting post.  The post also details how my Granny got me started :)


*****
Now, for a few floral photos:







For the flowers I used pink daisies, pink rose petals and a few pink & white roses.  Some of the arrangements were displayed in white vases, while others were tucked into baby food jars.  I'll be posting soon with all of the floral details!

Side Note:  I used plastic table coverings, because that is what I had available.  But if you want to make a gathering really elegant, fabric is the way to go!



Cherry Chip Cake

Bakery post coming soon!



Chocolate Cupcakes

A few opened napkins and stray flowers helped to tie the overall design together.



 Candy Bar Favors

These candy bar favors were really simple to make. (Favor post coming soon!)
A few of the faux pink rose petals tucked into the bowl helped to soften the look.

And that was our welcome baby party, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment