Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Welcome Baby Party: Party Baking (2015)



I'm back today with one last post about the Welcome Baby Party - I can't help it, I love this stuff!
Today I'm sharing all the baking info, check it out:


                                 
Supplies

For the cake I used Betty Crocker cherry chip cake mix and pink cherry frosting.  I used Wilton sparkle gel in white and white candy sprinkles for the decorations.

For the cupcakes I used Pilsbury dark chocolate cake mix and frosting, with pink sprinkle candies for the top.



Icing

After covering the cake in the pretty pink cherry icing, I turned to my sparkle gel and sprinkles.  The white sparkle gel is really pretty as is, but I wanted this cake to be a bit more colorful. I decided to color the sparkle gel a bright pink.......



Adding Color

...so I added a bit of red food coloring to the sparkle gel.  Once colored I used a plastic sandwich bag to apply the icing in pretty swirls.

You can click here to read a former post where I discuss this technique.



Swirls

I added the swirls to the top of the cake first...



White Candy Sprinkles

...and then followed up with a light layer of sprinkles.



The Finished Cake

Because I wanted to keep with the pink and white party theme, I chose to use this white ceramic cake stand (instead of my usual glass cake stand).  

It looked great, but this stand doesn't have a cover.  I needed to somehow keep the cake fresh until the party without smudging the frosting.  I was worried that plastic wrap would ruin the icing, so I froze the cake before wrapping it up and quickly stuck it back in the freezer.  When it came time for the party, I made sure to remove the wrap before the cake thawed out.  It worked perfectly!



Chocolate Cupcakes

These were very simple to make; chocolate icing with a few pink candy sprinkles on top.

Want to see these cakes at the party?  Click here to see the party decor post.
And that's it, you finally have all the details for this party!

In case you missed anything:
You can click here to see the invitations.
Click here to see the candy bar favors.
Or click here to read all about the flowers.

I hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment