Thursday, July 16, 2015

Independence Day 2015: How We Celebrated!

Now that it's july 16, I'll go ahead and share how we celebrated for the 4th...:D



Blueberries & Pancakes

When I looked through my leftover stash of party plates and napkins, I found these red ones that worked perfectly for the holiday.  I didn't have anything blue though, so I decided to make pancakes with whip cream and blueberries.  How's that for pulling a design theme together in about 20 minutes?  (I kind of sort of maybe forgot to plan this one out! Haha!)



Smoothies

I make smoothies every weekend, but this time they featured red and blue sprinkles!

(These were made with vanilla yogurt, strawberries, mandarin oranges and a couple of bananas)



Pretty Popsicles

The kids spent the afternoon playing outside and had patriotic Popsicles for a treat.  I had one too, they were really good actually.

After a quick dinner I  made popcorn for the kids and we headed to the fireworks.  (We saved our BBQ dinner for Sunday night when we wouldn't have to rush out anywhere.)

That was our holiday weekend, how was yours?

Thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment