Friday, December 25, 2015

Dining Room Christmas Decor Update 2015




Ok, ok it might be late evening on Christmas day but.....
.....welcome back to my holiday dining room!
Read on to this year's decor updates:

(You can click here to see the rest of my dining room decor)




Large Ornaments

If you remember from last year, I already had a couple of really large gold ornaments that I use for this tree.  They looked great, but I really wanted to add a few more.  I found the large golden ornaments (pictured above) at Dollar Tree and purchased 10 in varying finishes; shiny, glittery, matte and multi tonal.



Mini Battery Lights


My Grandma purchased a set of these lights for me last month while we were shopping together. Found at Wal-Mart, I believe they were around $3.

These lights area really cool!  Each light is very tiny and attached to a wire like string.  Because they are on a battery pack you can use them in wreaths, bouquets, filler bowls, etc.  I decided to use my set in our holiday village.



The Tree is Lit!

Here you can see the mini led lights in use.  I thought the set that I had got was clear, but ended up being red in color.  That's ok, I am pleased with the way it turned out!  

Another really cool thing about these lights is the fact that the battery pack comes with a timer.  Simply turn them on at the time of day you want them to operate, and they will run a few hours before automatically shutting off.  The next day the lights turn right back on by themselves (at the same time as before).  I really like this feature because it means one less thing that I have to remember!  In addition to the timer you have the choice of steady or blinking lights -ours our set to slowly blink.



Village 'Snow'

I also decided to add a snowy effect to our village this year.  I had a couple of tulle wrapped light strands (left over from the Little Man's welcome baby party) that I thought would work perfectly.  I plugged them in and arranged the lights into 'piles' around the buildings.  The results were exactly what I wanted with whimsical drifts of snow now filling our display.

(You can click here to see these lights in use during the Welcome Baby Party)

Happy decorating and thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment