Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015: How we Celebrated




I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Read on to see how we celebrated:



The Table

This year I opted for a simple golden pumpkin theme.  I knew that I wanted to use one of my new hand-painted pumpkins and needed a few smaller golden pumpkins to complement the look. So......



Pumpkin Upgrade

.....I decided to take a few of my existing orange pumpkins and give them a quick coat of gold spray paint.  Who doesn't have time for that the day before Thanksgiving???  Sometimes I wonder about my sanity ;)



All is Gold

I loved the way they turned out!  My large pumpkin I positioned inside of a milk glass pedestal bowl and the smaller ones I placed inside of decorative glass bowls.  All of this rested on top of a brown Dollar Tree table runner and I sprinkled in a few fabric leaves.

You can click here to read more about my hand-painted pumpkins,
You can click here to read about the small glass bowls that I found treasure hunting,
Or, you can click here to see my table setting from last Thanksgiving.



Place Settings

Last year I used the gold charger with a white dinner plate (and brown table cloth).  This year I wanted to change things a little bit and started out with a plain glass plate on top of the same gold charger.  

It's pretty, but I really wanted to put my golden pumpkin in my white milk glass bowl.....and I thought it would be best to add in another pop of white....so.....



Lots of Plates

.....I ended up creating a double layer charger; first the large gold, then a white dinner plate and finally a clear glass plate on top.  I loved the way it turned out! 

(Yes, my dishwasher ran late into the evening following this meal, but it was totally worth it!)

You can click here to read more about these place settings.



Desserts

I made sure to mix together milk glass and clear glass here as well, and also added in the fabric leaves.



Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Candies

These candies were left over after decorating the cupcakes, which you will see next.



Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

Some had white sprinkles, some had chocolate sprinkles and some had tiny pumpkin candies.  All were yummy ;)



Autumn Plate & Charger

I used the brown charger that my Grandma gave me and my recently found Autumn plate to add decorative interest to the dessert station.

You can click here to read about the charger in my 2015 fall decor update,
You can click here to read about the fall treasure hunting haul that includes the plate,
Or, you can click here to read about the rest of my fall decor.



Pumpkin Spice Cookies



Appetizers

For the appetizer table I used a brown table covering layered with a couple of leaf place mats (also found in that 'Fall Haul').

Here we had a cheese ball, crackers and a loaf of pumpkin bread.



Miniature Pumpkin Pies

I can't write about this year's Thanksgiving without mentioning these adorable tiny pies that Husby's Dad made for their house.  Yes, they were as good as they look!  And yes, I may have had one with breakfast...twice!

That was our Thanksgiving.  What have I been up to since then?  Well the trees are up, the house is decorated, the presents are wrapped and I have lots to share!

See you in a couple of days and thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment