Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Candy Cane Cake

My Mom's birthday is in late December, right before Christmas.  So what does that mean?  That means there is a whole lot of once-a-year holiday candy to choose from when baking!

Check out this candy cane cake:



Supplies


For this cake I used Pilsbury Devil's Food mix, Pilsbury chocolate icing and Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses.



Candy Cane Kisses

These holiday edition kissed come in festive silver wrappers with a cute little candy cane design.  I'm not usually a fan of peppermint, but these are subtle enough that even I enjoy them ;)



Unwrapped

The candies are just as pretty unwrapped!  



Chop Them Up

I used my favorite knife to cut the candies into small, sprinkle like pieces.



Adding Candy

I sprinkled the chopped up candy bits into the batter before baking.  Because this was a double layer cake, that meant that there was candy evenly dispersed throughout the cake.



Topping

Once the cake was iced, I used another handful of the chopped up kisses to top off the cake.  A few white candles and that was that; a pretty cake ready to eat!

I hope you enjoyed this yummy post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

2 comments: