Thursday, January 7, 2016

Construction Birthday Party - The Invitations





The Little Man's 2nd birthday will be here very soon!

This year his party will have a construction work theme, check out the invitations:



Materials

I used orange and yellow scrapbook paper to create the invitation background and printed out the information on standard printing paper.

Invitation Wording (created with inspiration from Pinterest):

CAUTION
BRING YOUR HARD HATS
(Child's Name)'s BIRTHDAY IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
WORK BEGINS
(Date & Time)
LUNCH & DESSERT TO BE SERVED



Layers of Paper

After cutting out the wording, I layered it onto the yellow paper.  I trimmed that up and then layered it onto larger orange squares.  Pretty good, but a few more details were needed...



Stickers

....so I added a few stickers.

I figured that I could find a couple of packs of stickers for about $4 at one of our local craft sores. Butttttt, I would have had to pack up the kids and drive across town.  I seriously hate random errands!  I much prefer to do everything in one morning and in as few places as possible.

I ended up looking around on eBay just to see what was available.  Not only did I find these stickers that were perfect, but my total cost was $3 with free shipping!  Didn't have to leave the house and spent less than I had planned, yay!

In case you are interested, I purchased these here at the Grambears Crafts & Bargains store on eBay.



Stickers!

Because the two sheets of stickers contained a variety of tools, each invitation turned out a little bit differently.  I am really happy with them - it was hard to choose which one to keep for the scrapbook!

I hope you enjoyed this how-to post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment