Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Winter Decor (2016)


The day after Christmas I took everything down.  Ok, the night after Christmas.  I stayed up until 2am in the quiet, sleepy house and cleaned everything up.  The weather was warm and rainy and I even heard some thunder while I organized.  It was fantastic!

(I know it's not most people's idea of fun, but I seriously enjoy cleaning and organizing!)

Once that was done - and I slept - I pulled out the winter decor.  This will stay out for a few weeks until it's time to get ready for the Little Man's 2nd birthday party, and then I'll move on to Valentine's Day.

Side Note:  I completely and totally suggest having a child about a month after Christmas.  As soon as you get through the holiday it's time to prep for a party, and once you get that done it's pretty much almost spring!  No time for the winter blues around here ;)

Anyway, read on to check out a few of the new additions to my winter decor:



Gift Bag Art

One of us received a Christmas gift last year that came in a large snowman bag.  I cut out the snowman and LET IT SNOW lettering and popped them into a couple of gold frames.



Handprints

Baby Girl brought this painting project home from Kindergarten last year.  With a snowflake painted on the backside (not shown), it fits right in with my wintery decor.



A Mug of Cocoa

Who doesn't want a hot mug of cocoa when it's this cold outside?  This cute craft is another one of Baby Girl's Kindergarten assignments.

Side Note:  I managed to get the cotton balls in the frame by carefully applying pressure.  You don't want to break any glass, so go slowly.



Friendly Birds

These cute little birds were a Christmas gift from my Aunt.  I thought they looked quite nice in front of a frosty window :)


And that's it for this year's winter decor.
(You can click here to see the rest of my winter decor)


I hope you enjoyed this chilly decor update, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

2 comments: