Saturday, January 30, 2016

Construction Party: Birthday Decor

Welcome to the Little Man's construction themed birthday party!

You can click here if you missed your invitation, otherwise
come in and see how we decorated:



Balloons

The orange, yellow and black balloons really helped to set the tone of the party.

(Want to read all my balloon tips?  Click here)



Blueprints & Hard Hat

This shot is of the coffee table, which I like to use as the gift table.
Once the gifts are piled on top you can't really see the decorations anymore, but it looks great in the meantime ;)



Table Decor (Dining Room)

Each table first had a black table covering in place followed by a large blueprint sheet.  I then used orange napkins to add color before arranging the tool containers.  Lastly, I followed up by scattering washers and nuts as confetti.

You can click here to read more about the materials that I gathered for this look.



Table Decor (Living Room)



Table Decor (Kitchen)



Wall Art

I had a few extra blueprints left over from the table decorating and decided to turn them into wall-art.

A couple of sheets of colorful scrapbook paper layered on top made the perfect backdrop for these print-outs:

Left:  CAUTION 2-YEAR-OLD AHEAD

Right:  DANGER HARD HATS REQUIRED

(Inspiration found on Pinterest)



Pipe Plans & Husby

I framed one of Husby's pipe plan sheets and propped it up at the dining room window.
Next to that I added a framed photo of Husby from one of his job sites.  He's to cute not to be part of the decor ;)



Desserts

***I'll be back next week with the dessert details***

But for now, check out the saw!  Who needs a cake server when you can cut the cake with a saw?!?!?  Baby Girl really enjoyed cutting the Little Man's cake for him using this construction tool - she even wore safety goggles ;)



Cake & Cupcake Close-Up

You can see in these photos that I carried the blueprint theme here as well.  I cut the sheets into smaller sizes (so they would fit onto my counter tops) and used napkins to add layers of color.   A sprinkling of washer/ nut confetti and a welding caution sign completed the look.

And that was our construction themed decor.
I hope you enjoyed our party, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment