Saturday, January 2, 2016

Christmas 2015 - How We Celebrated

We had a very busy and fun holiday month full of decorating, baking, (planning) and attending four separate family gatherings!
Read on to see photos from some of our activities:



Reindeer Toes

These little slippers belong to Baby Girl - the noses light up when she walks around.

I took a picture of them because I wanted to remember this fun little Christmas detail (and planned on putting it in our scrapbook), that's why there is no usual border.  But the picture is so cute I added it in this post as well :)



Cookie Construction

We spent an afternoon making sugar cookies for Daddy.  Baby Girl enjoyed cutting out the shapes and decorating the finished cookies.  The Little Man enjoyed playing in the flour ;)



Sprinkles

I was excited to pick up this container of holiday themed sprinkles!  They came in handy for the cookies and our Christmas morning brunch ;)



Yummy!

Here you can see our finished cookies, tucked into my gingerbread storage container.  The red and white Hershey's Kisses are leftover from a cake that we made the same day - post coming soon!



Notes

I had to upgrade to a full sized notebook for my holiday notes.

If you remember, I like to make 'notes' for each holiday.  These include traditions/ activities that I want to remember, photos that I want to take, decor projects, floral design ideas and shopping lists.  I used to write out post-its and stick them to the next year's calendar, but it was getting out of hand :D  I switched to a notebook so that I have more space to write and can reference it easier (treasure hunting anyone???)

I'm also keeping it on the shelf next to my desk so that it's easier to add notes in while I'm Pinteresting throughout the year.  *That's a new verb; Pinteresting ;)



Breakfast

For Christmas brunch we had a breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls and holiday smoothies.  I like easy stuff that I can prep the day ahead of time.  That way on Christmas morning all I have to do is pre-heat the oven and pop in the dishes so I can get back to the more important business of watching my kids open gifts ;)



Sprinkled Smoothie

Here is a close-up of our festive holiday smoothie!  It's a typical brunch smoothie for us with this one containing; yogurt, strawberries, banana and mandarin oranges.  What made them 'holiday' style were the sprinkles and red decorating gel.  I got the idea for these a few years ago from my Mom.

I hope you enjoyed hearing how we celebrated, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

2 comments: