Wednesday, March 16, 2016

What's Happening: Crafty Fun!

Spring is here and it's been busy!
Here is a little of what I've been up to lately:



Camo Hearts

A few weeks ago I was adding patches to my valentine quilt and realized that the Little Man is underrepresented.  For some reason, he is lacking in pink and red sparkly clothing :D

Since it was time to go through his clothing again anyway (the kid is growing like a weed) I decided to take one of his camouflage shirts and make a few valentin-ey patches out of it.  By flipping the fabric over and using a heart shaped ornament, it was easy to trace and cut out a few heart patches.

I stashed the patches away with the valentine quilt until next year when I work on that sort of thing again.

(You can click here to see the valentine quilt)



Holiday Paper

I was browsing through the craft section of Wal-Mart when I found a package of holiday themed scrapbooking paper.  I have been wanting to purchase this pack for awhile now, but just never did.  Since it had been marked down to $2.50 and was the last one in stock, I snapped it up!  

Some of the paper I will use for actual scrapbooking, but the rest (pictured here) I plan on using as part of my holiday decor.  Many of the sheets I will probably cut into various sizes and frame on their own while others will make a nice background sheet for family photos (I like to switch out framed family photos with my holiday decor).  Time will tell, and I'll keep you posted!



Birdhouses

In keeping with one of our spring traditions, the kids painted new birdhouses.
The Little Man's is on the left and Baby Girl's rainbow house is on the right.  I love the way she did this one!

(You can click  to see last year's birdhouses)

What else has been going on?  Lots of fun faux cake making, prepping for the re-launch of my Etsy shop and the upcoming Easter holiday, and planning for a couple of wedding sets involving orchids and succulents...whew!

I'll keep you posted on everything as it comes.  But for now, I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment