Saturday, July 23, 2016

Father's Day & 4th of July - How We Celebrated!


Hello everyone!
Here is a quick recap of our summer holiday fun:




Mint Chocolate Chip

The kids and I made this cake up for Daddy on Father's Day.  We used a chocolate mix, mint chocolate icing and sprinkled a few chocolate chips on top.  In addition to the cake, Husby also requested crepes (from scratch) and bacon for breakfast and then Chinese for dinner.  It was a very unhealthy but yummy day.

*I note that the crepes are made from scratch because they are the absolutely only thing that I make from scratch.  Ever.  :D :D :D

(You can click here for the crepe recipe)



Vanilla Marshmallow

For the 4th I made up a yellow cake with vanilla marshmallow icing.  A few red and blue sprinkles on top made the cake fit right in for the holiday.  After a pizza dinner (nobody felt like cooking) we saw the fireworks.



A Pretty Counter

I liked the way this cake looked on the counter next to a little red and blue.  That was probably the most important feature of the cake for me, it looked nice!  :D :D :D

(You can click here or here to see the rest of my 4th of July decor)

**********

That's all for now, I'm really busy prepping for somebody's Lalaloopsy themed birthday party.
Much more about that coming soon, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment