Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Working the Rainbow

Last week I shared with you a wedding set made up of Alstromaria lilies and succulents.
(You can click here to visit that entry)

In that post I mentioned that succulents make a wonderful choice for complementing any color palette.  It's not the type of plant that makes succulents so versatile, but the various shades of greens that they come in.

Often when describing neutrals we think of colors such as; white, beige, gray or black.  But green is one of the most abundant neutrals out there (just take a look outside and you'll see what I mean).  Whether you are designing your backyard landscaping, an arrangement of flowers or a room in your home, green goes with everything.

To illustrate this point I took one photo from my succulent post and re-framed it using more than 40 different colors.  And guess what?  Each and every color is a suitable choice!

Take a look:





Isn't that amazing?!

  Tip:  Not only is green a versatile design choice, but it is also restful and soothing to look at.

My favorite choice from all of the colors shown here - avocado green.  What's yours?

**********

I hope you enjoyed this colorful post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment