Saturday, September 24, 2016

Treasure Hunting - August 2016

Here's a recap of my August treasure hunting finds:



Milk Glass Vases

After buying a couple of milk glass vases for my sister's welcome baby party last year (which I let her take home), I decided to start collecting my own.  I'm working up to a nice collection, these were only .25 each!

(You can click here to read more about that party)



Candle Holders

These heavy, resin candle holders were a steal at .50 each.  The problem?  I didn't like the color so much..........



Fresh Paint

..........So I re-painted them with a coat of bright, clean white.  Much better!



Marble Rolling Pin


Ok so, yeah I bake, but rarely do I ever make anything from scratch.  In fact, the only time I ever do is when Husby wants crepes.  I do use a rolling pin when when we roll out sugar cookies at Christmas time, but even those come from a mix ;)

So why buy a marble rolling pin?  Because my granny used to have the exact same one!  And since it was only a $1, I snapped it up.  It actually does get a lot of use, by the way, the kids love rolling it back and forth across the kitchen floor :D :D :D



Heart-Shaped Plates

These pink, sparkly dinner plates will be a lot of fun on Valentine's Day.  They were $1 each and I bought 4.



Spider Web Bowl

For .50 this bowl will be a fun addition to our Halloween table.



Another Vase

Also .25 and my collection is expanding :)



Faux Acorns

A box of fake acorns was something that I didn't already have, so yep, bought it!  I'll probably put them in a bowl with this years fall decor (the box was $1)

(Fall decor post coming soon)



Amber & Gold Tree Ornaments

These large ornaments were .50 each.  They will make a great addition to my dining room tree.

(You can click here to read more about this holiday tree)



 Milk Glass Plate

Super pretty, and only .50!


More Ornaments

Can you believe that each of these ornaments was only .10 apiece?!  The angel is for Baby Girl and the Train for my Little Man, the candies and gingys will go on my kitchen tree and the crystal/ gold- I'm not sure yet.  I might be using them to hang from the light in my closet.  Time will tell ;)

**********

There are still a few weeks of good treasure hunting left, so wish me luck!

I hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer


© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment