Thursday, July 6, 2017

Treasure Hunting (So Far) - 2017


I've been treasure hunting since April, but I haven't shared any of my fun yet this year.
I thought it was time to update with a few of my favorite finds:

Enjoy!



Candles & a Vased Peony

I love my fake candles and I'm always adding to my collection.  These were .25 each.
The artificial peony we found for .50 - it even has faux water! 😍




Milk Glass Saucers

These gold embellished tiny plates were .25 each.



Artificial Ivy

I found this hanging ivy plant for $1 and after removing the ropes, I stuck it on the porch as an outdoor plant.

You can click here to see more of the front porch.



GIANT Candles

Ok, so I was just talking about my faux candle collection, right?  I could not pass up these huge fake candles for $3!

I'll admit, I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but they make me unreasonably happy 😁

Check out the inset, I didn't think the photo really showed the size of the candles, so I added in a shot for reference.  Yes, that is a standard sized tea pot. 😆😌



Vintage Pyrex & Jadeite

Score, score, score!
Not only did I finally find some pretty patterned vintage Pyrex mixing bowels (.50 each) but I also finally found some Jadeite!

Since Jadeite is harder to find and more valuable, I went ahead and splurged at $25 for the two of these pieces.  I know, I know, to most people $25 isn't all that much.  But I'm used to dealing in quarters and dollars when I treasure hunt, so this was a 'big' purchase for me 😎



Milk Glass Treasure Trove

I was treasure hunting with my Grandma when we found a sale that had a table full of milk glass.  There were only a few pieces that I was interested in (about $8 dollars worth), but the lady who was selling it said that I could take the entire lot for $10.

Of course I had to take that deal!  Not only did I get the pieces that I was interested in, but I'm re-selling the rest for $40.  That breaks down to a profit of $30 in addition to growing my collection.  Success 😘

**********

I'm off now to check the listings for this weeks sales - I hope you enjoyed this treasure hunting post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment