Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Easy to Create Photo Backdrop - 4th of July






With each change of season and (new holiday), I really enjoy taking photos of my kids.  Not only does this give me adorable reminders of their growth, but I also like to use their themed photos as part of my seasonal decor. 

Since it's almost time to celebrate Independence Day, I thought I'd share how to create this easy backdrop that I used for last year's photos.



Where I Started

I take photos all over the house, yard and neighborhood, but this time I settled in the dining room.   Here is a before shot so you can see what I started with.  I chose this room for the tall book cases and large table.



Step 1

After removing the chairs I pushed the table up against the shelves.

*My summer decor has changed a bit since this photo was taken,
you can click here to see the updates 😊


Step 2

Next I pulled a white sheet to serve as a plain background and attached it to the top of the shelves.

Note:  I don't recommend leaving anything heavy on top of your shelves that could fall off and hurt someone.  I made sure to remove everything from the top of the shelf before my kids actually climbed up here for their photos 😉



Step 3

I pulled these big blue garlands out of storage and layered them on top of the white background.

*Remember these garlands from our Frozen themed birthday party?
You can click here to read all about that day.



Step 4

Then I added in a bit of red crepe paper.

*Yep, I still have crepe paper left over from our rainbow themed Kindergarten graduation party 😁
You can click here to read about that party.



Step 5

Lastly, I positioned a crate on top of the dining table.  This extra height gave more dimension to the photo than having both of my kids sit side by side.

And there it is, an easy to create photo backdrop all made with items from around the house😊

I hope you enjoyed this how-to post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment