Saturday, September 9, 2017

Candy Themed Birthday Party - The Invitations




🍭For her 8th birthday, Baby Girl decided to celebrate with a candy themed party🍭

I'll have several upcoming posts detailing the decor and desserts, but for today lets start with these adorable invitations:



 Inspiration

I think it's helpful to have an idea of theme before starting a project.  Candy was an easy theme, but could easily have become overwhelming with all of the color choices.  By having having the color palette nailed down at the start, it helped to simplify the overall look.

I found these birthday cake lollipops and polka-dot straws back around Easter and thought the pastel hues would be great for this event.

(Straws from Wal-Mart and lollipops found at Dollar Tree)



Materials

With the theme colors nailed down I gathered together yellow paper, candy stickers and cupcake cut-outs from my scrapbooking stash.  Everything here I already had on hand, so no purchasing was necessary.  

I think the paper is from Wal-Mart and the stickers Dollar Tree, but I'm not sure about the cupcake cut-outs.  I could have gotten them at one of the same stores or found them treasure hunting, I'm not really sure! 😄

(The invitation wording was printed out on standard computer paper)



Step 1

After printing out the invitation text, I glued it onto a bit of yellow scrapbook paper.

This year's wording is pretty simple:

We've got CANDY!
And we're sweetly celebrating
(child's name here) 8th birthday
(Location, date & time)



Step 2

Next I attached the yellow-bordered text onto a paper cupcake with a bit of hot glue.



Step 3

After following up with a couple of sweet themed stickers, the invitations were ready to be sent out.


**********
And that's that for a simple candy themed party invitation 😊
I hope you enjoyed this how-to post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment