Friday, September 22, 2017

Candy Themed Birthday Party- The Party Cakes






Who wants dessert?!?!
I'm back today with all of the party treat details!

You can click here to see the party decor or here to read about the invitations.  Otherwise, keep scrolling to learn all about these adorable cakes and cupcakes:



Supplies

Kit-Kat cake:  For this cake I used a devil's food mix and chocolate icing.  Kit-Kats (of course 😁)  were used to cover the sides of the cake and pastel marshmallows served as the topping.

The idea for the Kit-Kat cake came from Pinterest.  Baby Girl and I saw lots of photos of similar cakes, but most of them featured Skittles or M&Ms as the topping.  Since our party color palette featured pastels, we decided to use marshmallows instead.

For the cupcakes I used Funfetti cake mix and icing, lollipops and more of the marshmallows.

First up, the large cake:



Step 1

I baked my cakes as usual (click  here to read more) 
and layered them with a bit of chocolate icing in between.



Step 2

After layering, I went ahead and gave the entire cake a good coat of chocolate icing.

Tip:  Keep your Kit-Kat candies in the freezer during this part.  The colder the candies, the less likely you are to smudge them with your fingerprints πŸ˜‰ 



Step 4

After applying a bit of icing to the back of a Kit-Kat, begin adhering them to the cake in a linear fashion.

Side Note:  I made sure that the Kit-Kat printing on each candy was going in the same direction.  It's little details like these that really make the difference in overall appearance 😊





Here is  a photo showing what it looked like when all of the Kit-Kats were in place.  Don't worry about any imperfections, such as the spaces between some of the candies, they won't be noticeable once the topping is in place.



Step 5


I added a bit of curling ribbon using colors from our design theme.
This isn't a necessary step, I just thought it would look cute 😊



Step 6

Top the cake with a pile of pretty marshmallows, and you're done!



Mini Cake

As usual, I made a mini version of the main cake.
The only difference for this cake was that I cut the Kit-Kats in half before sticking them on.



Lollipop Cupcake

  Most of the cupcakes featured marshmallows on top with a lollipop in the center.

These sprinkle filled lollipops were found at Dollar Tree and tasted like birthday cake 😍



Sprinkle Cupcake

The rest of the cupcakes I topped with pastel sprinkles (that came with the Funfetti icing)
and a gold candle from my candle supply.
-Jennifer

 πŸ­Those were Baby Girl's candy themed party cakes 🍭
I hope you enjoyed this how-to bakery post, thanks for stopping by!

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment