Saturday, October 28, 2017

Tidbits: My Style

I've been thinking for awhile now that it might be fun to write up a
post all about my personal design style!

My taste is an eclectic combination of Greco-Roman, French,
Vintage, Farmhouse and what I refer to as 'dollhouse'.  Imagine that a Roman gladiator and a French princess got married and moved into a Midwestern farm-ish house that was fully stocked with a ton of milk glass and plastic food and you would have me 😁

Take a look at the following photos to see what I'm talking about:





Greco-Roman


In my house the Greco-Roman style plays out with urns, columns and statues.  Eventually I would like to have structural columns (floor to ceiling) as well as exposed wooden beams.  I also like textured looking walls (think Olive Garden 😂), but I'm not sure if I will ever carry the theme that far.  Maybe an accent wall or two...we'll see.




French


I also find myself drawn to a bit of French style, with fleur-de-lis', rich, textured
fabrics and sort-of-ornately carved furniture.  



Vintage

To be completely accurate, the only vintage pieces that I am currently into consist of my milk glass collection.  I have my large display in the kitchen but display several pieces throughout the home as well.  I also use milk glass mixing bowls, baking dishes and drinking glasses on a daily basis.



Farmhouse

I am obsessed with the clean, sturdy look of white painted wood combined with natural accents.  Right now only my kitchen, dining and desk tables feature this farmhouse look but eventually I want white kitchen cabinets with butcher block counters.  I also prefer white appliances that fade into the cabinetry no trendy colors or stainless steel here! 



Dollhouse

What else do you call an obsession with artificial foods, plants and candles?  I call it 'dollhouse'.  Give something strange a cute name and that makes it a little less weird.....😉

**********

I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of my personal design style,
thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment