Friday, August 28, 2026

Thrifted Scarf Hanger Turned Laundry Room Organizer

 Upcycle

I needed some hanging space behind the door in my laundry room and decided to upcycle an old scarf hanger, check it out:


**********


Disclosure - This post may contain affiliate links.  If a purchase is made through an affiliate link then (at no additional cost to you) I will receive a commission.  You can read more about affiliate links here


**********


Upcycle

Here is the space before, I didn't like that the step stool was on the ground and had to be picked up every time that I swept.  I wanted the stool to be hanging, but not just on plain hooks - it needed to be pretty!



Upcycle

I found this old wooden scarf hanger for $8 that was the perfect size.  Not only did it already have hooks in place, but the width of it meant that it would be easy to hit the studs when hanging.  Since I was planning to hang a stool and eventually an ironing board, I wanted it to be sturdy and secure.



Upcycle

I began by removing the hardware and floral embellishments.  The shelf came with three knobs and two hooks.  I decided to only keep the hooks that you can still see in this photo.



Upcycle

And then peeled off the old lettering.  Somebody else has a Cricut 😉



Upcycle

Next I filled in the holes I wasn't going to use (where the knobs were) and sanded the board smooth.



Upcycle

After a quick cleaning I painted the board fresh white.



Upcycle
Upcycle

And used my own Cricut to cut and apply a golden leaf decal.



Upcycle

After all of that I reattached the hooks and hung the revamped shelf in place.  I love having things up off of the floor.  Sometimes such a simple change can make a big difference!

The tiny box near the baseboard is for the "house gnomes".  You can read all about them here:


I hope you enjoyed this upcycle post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2026


**********

This post was added to the following link parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment