Friday, August 7, 2026

Using Cube Storage to Extend a Barbie House

 Barbie

Ready for an update on how my Barbie house is going?  Read on to see how I used cube storage to create more rooms:


**********


Disclosure - This post may contain affiliate links.  If a purchase is made through an affiliate link then (at no additional cost to you) I will receive a commission.  You can read more about affiliate links here


**********



Barbie

Here is how the Barbie house looked before, on top of a repurposed TV stand.  A good start but not enough rooms to hold everything.  I mean, we've got the kitchen out on the front ledge for goodness sake! 😄



Barbie

I purchased an inexpensive but sturdy cube storage shelf that looked like this.  Here is the exact unit that I ordered.  If you look closely, you will notice that only half of the cubes come with a back.  Since I was using this for Barbie furniture and didn't want things falling through, I attached heavy weight card stock to the cubes that were unfinished.  Having a back also gives you more opportunity for decorating - you can use different colors and designs depending on the look that you want.



Barbie

After finishing the back I flipped the shelf on it's side and 
placed it between the TV stand and the Barbie house.

Here are the new rooms in the actual house:



Barbie
Large Bathroom


Barbie
Dressing room



Barbie
Bedroom



Barbie
This will be a nursery.



Barbie
This will be a kid's room.



Barbie
Start of a second bathroom.


This guy is living it up with his drinks in the soaking tub.  
He's got his swim trunks on for propriety 😄

Now on to the first row of cubes, which I'm pretending are an extension of the house:



Barbie
The start of a living room.



Barbie
Dining Room



Barbie
Kitchen



Barbie
Laundry Room

This one is my favorite, a designated laundry room.  Just need to find counters and a sink.

The second row of cubes are public spaces:



Barbie
Pet Store

I didn't really want a pet store, but my niece informed me that we needed to have a pet store.  So here we are...Who am I to argue???  😄



Barbie
School

Same with a school room.  That's her list for me there waiting for me to accomplish.  She's got some big plans, you can see 😁



Barbie
Park

I want to do some grass here and a sky background.



Barbie
A Farm

Just like the park, I need to make this more outdoorsy...and add more animals!

The bottom TV stand shelves are also public spaces:



Barbie
Grocery Store



Barbie
Ice Cream Shop

The dolls having a treat are the ones that my niece chose to represent herself and my sister (her mom).  She set them up like this and I can't bear to move them 😍



Barbie
Swimming Pool

My older niece was a lifeguard for the summer, so she's been assigned to stand here in the back and keep everyone safe 😎

And that's how the cube storage has worked out so far.  I'm going to decorate a bit more as well as keep adding to the collection.


Interested in more Barbie?  Check out these posts:



I hope you enjoyed this Barbie house post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2026


**********

This post was added to the following link parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment