Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hunting Themed Birthday Party: Invitations (2015)

The Little Man will be having his first ever birthday party soon!  I'm having a lot of fun designing and planning his celebration, which will be a hunting theme.

Check out what I came up with for the invitations:



Christmas Cards

Remember these?  I found this entire package of Christmas cards for .10 last summer when I was treasure hunting.  I knew they would be perfect to recycle into party invitations.

(You can find that treasure hunting post here)



 Deer

The first thing I did was to cut out the deer silhouette.....and toss the rest of the card into the recycle bin ;)  The brown background for the deer was cute (that you could see when the card was closed)  but I wanted something more masculine for this project.



 Base Paper

Next I found some scrapbook paper that could be cut down to the size I wanted.  I loved the beige of this paper but not the border, so off it went.  I cut the remaining paper into thirds.  It only took three sheets of paper to make the nine invitations needed.



 Camo Detail

I wanted some sort of a background for the deer silhouette and this camo printed duct tape was just the thing!  I added one strip of tape to each length of beige scrapbook paper.

(I found the tape at Dollar Tree for $1)



 Deer Silhouette in Place

After placing the tape, I used hot glue to attach the deer silhouette at an angle.  I use angles a lot when designing, it makes things look a lot more interesting and saves space. Seriously, I love angles!

Scrapbooking Tip:  Placing photos on an angle will often allow you to fit more per page.
Interior Design Tip:  Placing furniture on an angle often creates better traffic flow and gives the feeling of more space in a room.



The Finished Invitation

I searched Pinterest until I found invitation wording that I liked, then combined it with the information I needed to add.  After printing up the wording, I cut it out and glued it onto the invitations.  Here is the wording in case you can't read it from the photo:
 
~~ATTENTION HUNTERS~~
Grab your gear and head this way,
Little Man is having his first Birthday!

Tip:   make sure you use the right glue.  I thought I could grab one of Baby Girl's glue sticks from the kitchen drawer.....as opposed to getting out, plugging in and waiting for my glue gun to heat up...hey, I was tired!.....and the glue isn't sticking to the duct tape all that well.  Live and learn! :D



The Little Man will be waking up from his nap anytime now, so I'm going to leave off here.  But I'll be back soon with more party fun.  Happy designing and thanks for stopping by!


-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015


2 comments: