Saturday, January 24, 2015

Behind the Scenes: Hunting Themed Birthday - Party Candle Upcycle (2015)

Recently I shared with you the invitations for Little Man's hunting themed birthday party.  

 (You can find that post by clicking here)

In that post I showed you how I used camouflage duct tape to create the invitations.  Today I'm sharing how I used more of that same tape to dress up a candle.


 Vanilla Cookie Jar Candle

I wanted a white jar candle for the party that was scented like a baked good, this was perfect!

Wal-Mart sells these large jar candles for about $5 year round.  During the holiday season they introduce themed scents such as pine, cinnamon and cookie and then reduce the price to $1 the day after Christmas.  That's when I like to stock up, but you have to be quick as they sell out fast.  I was able to get 2 pine, 2 cinnamon and 4 cookie scents!



 Much Better!

A little hot water and most labels come right off of your glassware.



 Camouflage Duct Tape

I knew this print would make the perfect replacement label

(I used the same roll of tape for the invitations, candle and utensil cups at the party, and still have some left over)


The Finished Product

I loved how the candle turned out; simple but very on-theme.

This cute little candle is still burning as I type up this post.  We had Little Man's party today, and it was such a good time!

But for now:
Everything has been cleaned up and put away.
Husby and the kiddos are fast asleep.
 I am enjoying the quiet and taking the opportunity to work on photos, editing and drafting...

...there is a whole lot more birthday design coming soon... 

I hope you enjoyed this post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment