Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Behind the Scenes: Hunting Themed Birthday - Party Decor (2015)

With the invitations done and camouflage duct tape already put to good use, I needed to bring a hunting theme to the birthday party tables......Hmmmm......ammunition and targets, of course!


Click here to see the party invitations.
Click here to see a plain jar candle receive a little camouflage treatment.



Materials

A few cylinder glass vases that I already had on hand, empty shotgun shells and spent brass casings that I borrowed from my Dad and Brother.

Nothing brings home the idea of hunting quite like ammunition, but I would like to stress a couple of safety points:

  One, I made sure to use empty shells and casings (if inserted into a weapon they could not fire, if compressed or heated they could not explode, etc, etc, etc).  And two, I made sure that the empty shells/ casings were enclosed inside of glass containers.  Used ammunition may contain traces of gun powder or lead, so it's best kept out of the reach of children.



Finished Table Vases

Not your typical table arrangement, huh? :D
I loved the way these turned out!  



Targets

This was simply a package of pre-made paper targets I purchased from the sporting goods section of Wal-Mart ($2).  I thought they would look better without the excess labeling so I cut out the circular pattern and they were ready to go.

I used these as part of the table decor during the party, but plan on working them into scrapbooking pages as well ;)


I'll be back in a few days with step-by-step instructions as to how I iced a camouflage cake.
Thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment