Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Crepe Paper Valentine Wreath (2015)

When I was unpacking my Valentine decor this year, I pulled out a heart-shaped wreath form that I had forgotten about.  When I bought it (treasure hunting) I envisioned covering it with solid red roses...

..but I ended up finding another wreath that will work much better for that project.  So what to do?  Well a few days later I was sifting through Pinterest and found a gorgeous crepe paper rose tutorial from Amy at the Idea Room 

I knew I had to try it out!  Take a look:



Materials

A heart shaped Styrofoam wreath form and a couple of red crepe paper rolls.

The wreath form was a .25 treasure hunting find and the crepe paper rolls are sold 2 for $1 at Dollar tree.  Since I only used one roll, this project came in at a total of .75!

You can click here to read more about this treasure hunting find.



Red Heart

The first thing I did was wrap the form in the crepe paper.  
I recommend gently stretching the crepe paper to avoid wrinkles, and hot glue was perfect for keeping everything in place.



Rosebuds

The next step was to create several of these adorable crepe paper rosebuds.

Click here to see an excellent tutorial from Amy at the Idea Room



Rosebuds in Place

After making the rosebuds, I glued them into two clusters on the wreath.

And there you have it: an easy, inexpensive project completed in one afternoon.

Simple as that!



The Finished Wreath

Here the wreath is pictured hanging at the front door.

Later I ended up moving it to the dining room window, before finally positioning it on one of my bookshelves.  I thought it looked better without the wreath hanger.



On the Shelf

Sometimes you just gotta keep tweaking things until you get them right :)

I hope you enjoyed this how-to post and thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015



For more great ideas, visit Amy at the Idea Room by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment