Friday, September 25, 2015

My Baking Collection (2015)

Recently I was sorting through my baking pans and cookie cutters and I thought; why not share the fun?
So come in and take a look at my collection!



Bakers Cabinet

I love this little cabinet.  Not only is it home to my decorative cupcake collection (top cabinets), but it also houses all of my baking pans and cookie cutters down below.

You can click here to read more about what's up top.



Let's go inside!

This spacious cabinet is full of fun baking ware.

(The drawer is where I stash leftover paper plates, napkins and flatware from our parties.  It also holds our aprons and a table cloth)



 The Basics

Pictured here are loaf pans, round pans, a rectangle pan, pie plates, cookie sheets and cooling racks.  
I have about 10 of these cookie sheets for when we do our holiday baking.



 More Basics

Here you can see mini round pans, standard and mini muffin pans and a bar pan.

If you are someone who likes the edge pieces of your brownies, a bar pan works great!



Fun Shapes!

Here you can see an assortment of miniature star and flower shaped pans, as well as standard and mini bundt pans.



Silicone Rules!

Top:  My silicone cupcake liners.  I know you all have seen these several times, I use them over and over and over!

Bottom Left:  A giant silicone cupcake mold!  This thing is awesome!  The two larger pieces each take half a cake mix to create the top and bottom portions of a large cupcake.  Want to get fancy?  Use the smaller insert to create a hollow in the bottom section of the cupcake.  When it's ready, fill it with candy, whip cream or ice cream!

Bottom Right:  This set of pans works in the same way as the cupcake mold.  You can create a large round, or dome shaped cake (think baseball party).  This set also contains the insert used to create a space for fun fillings.


Holiday

Top Left:  I know you remember this snowflake from the Frozen birthday party.  The gingy is also a smaller mold, holding about half of a standard cake mix.

Top Right:  A large gingy shaped cookie container and silicone hot pads.  The cookie container I use each year for our Christmas cookies.  The hot pads I use as another safe place to rest hot cookie sheets when we do our big holiday baking.

Bottom Left:  Christmas trees!  You have your choice here with these, either cupcake sized individual trees or a tree large enough for the entire group.

Bottom Right:  Small, and smaller, gingy molds.  I have used these for both cookies and mini cupcakes.



Cookie Cutters!

I have a small set of plastic drawers to contain my cookie cutter collection.  I sort my cutters by type and then separate them into plastic bags.  A lot more cutters could fit into the drawers if I nixed the bags, but I hate having to search for the cutters that I need.  It's much easier to grab the right bag and go!



Christmas!

The metal cutters on top are miniature while the plastic cutters in the bottom photo are standard sized.



Shapes on top, letters and numbers on the bottom.



Valentine's on top, miscellaneous shapes on the bottom.



Easter/ Spring/ Summer on top, Halloween on the bottom.

Now lets just take a moment to appreciate cookie cutters.  Not only are they great for cookies, but you can also use them to help you decorate your cakes.  I like to stick one on the top of my cake and then fill the shape in with sprinkles.  I have also been known to grab for a cookie cutter when needing to trace and cut out a specific shape.  My kids would say they are great for using as stencils and for cutting Play-Doh.  What are some of the ways you use your cookie cutters?  I'm always on the search for new ideas!

That's my collection so far....sort of.....As soon as I had the photos taken and edited for this post, my Auntie surprised me with a few awesome new cake pans, yay!  I'll be sharing those with you soon in a treasure hunting update ;)

I hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment