Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentine Quilt (2016)

As you might know, I like to recycle my kid's outgrown clothes into holiday themed quilts.  I keep these quilts in storage with the rest of my holiday decor and pull out a new one with each season change.  It's a great way to preserve memories :)

Today I'm sharing my Valentine quilt, take a look:

(You can click here to read an older post where I describe these quilts in greater detail)



Getting Started

This photo shows where my Valentine quilt is so far.  
I have a lot of patches that I will be adding this year!



Patches

Here you can see a close-up of the patches.
I don't stick to strictly Valentine themed clothing, but will use anything that has hearts or a lovey theme.




Little Hands

Here is what happens when I try to take photographs, I have to work fast around here!




Table-Top Tip

The easiest way I have found to work on these quilts is by spreading them out on the dining room table (I was using the living room floor before).  That way I can see most of the quilt at once, and little people aren't running across them!



I hope you enjoyed this quilting post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment