Saturday, February 6, 2016

Actual Birthday (and a confession) 2016

If you remember, Husby and the Little Man share the same birthday.
Here is a look at how we celebrated:



Pizza and a Wish

The boys decided that pizza would make a great birthday lunch.
Of course you can add a candle to a slice of pizza!  :D



Cheesecake

Husby decided that this year he would indulge in a little cheesecake for his birthday treat.  I am not a maker of cheesecake, so I picked up this Cheesecake Factory boxed set.

Don't four slices of cheesecake look great on a glass cake stand?  I'm not sure if Husby realizes it or not, but the box came with eight slices (hee hee hee)!

Cheesecake is not on the heart healthy menu, so I wrapped up half of the slices and tucked them into the back of the freezer.  He will be pleasantly surprised come Valentine's Day ;)



Lemon Cake

Baby Girl enjoyed adding sprinkles and candles to this cake for the Little Man.  The Little Man enjoyed blowing out so many candles ;)

Truth Time:  So I'm always talking about this heart healthy diet.....and I'm also always making all these treats....you might be wondering how does that add up?

Well, it's like this:
I believe that everyone should be celebrated properly, which includes the occasional treat.  So I make up these cakes, give every one a reasonable slice at the time of the celebration and then.....Shhhhh.....I start throwing that junk away!

I know, right?! Me???  The queen of recycling and savvy spending???  I actually purposefully and intentionally waste food.

I figure wasting 3/4ths of a $3 cake is wayyyy better than future health problems, so I do things like 'forgetting' to put stuff in the fridge or not sealing a container all the way so that the food gets stale.  And then there is my all time favorite; serving myself a large portion each day of whatever the unhealthy stuff is and then 'dropping' it in the trash (sorry, not sorry Halloween candy).

So there you have it, my confession!  Yes, I do make up lots of treats, but I also make sure they don't all get eaten either ;)



Cake & Gifts

I thought I would add this shot of the Little Man's cake next to his presents.  He was very happy with the 'Melmo' (Elmo) paper!

 I hope you enjoyed this birthday post/ confessional, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment