Friday, December 23, 2016

New Ornaments 2016 (Part 2!)

Just when you thought I had enough ornaments, here I am adding in a few more!

These are really special though, they are the set that went on the tree that my Grandparent's decorated the year that my Mom was born.  My Grandma passed them on first to my Mom, and this year my Mom decided to pass them on to me.  (It has nothing to do with how frequently I exclaim at their beauty or how much I love them, nothing at all, haha!)

Side Note:  I was a good sister and first checked with my siblings to see if they wanted any of the set, and they said I can keep all 12! Yay!

Read on to see my new ornaments and  learn how I repaired them so that they could be used again:



12 Vintage Glass Ornaments

So, so, so pretty!



In need of repair.

The ornaments were a bit brittle at the tops.  Many of them couldn't even have their hook attached as the glass would just crumble away.  I had to figure out a way to strengthen them that would be functional and pretty.



Ribbon

I was already planning on using white satin ribbon to hang the ornaments, so why not use it to repair them as well?  I simply glued a small length in place at the top of each bulb.  This covering hid the broken pieces, kept the tops in place and strengthened the bulbs - success!



Eye Candy!

Another shot, this time after being fixed up.



On the Tree

And here they are in place.  Yes, I managed to fit another dozen ornaments into an already full tree.  There's always room for one more, right?  

And I thought I should mention that Baby Girl has already decided how they should be eventually divided up between her and her brother! :D

I hope you enjoyed this holiday decor post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment