Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Baby's Room: Beaded Wall Decor






A very special cousin of mine is going to be a father for the first time!  So when I received an invitation to his girlfriend's baby shower, I knew I had to come up with something wonderful 💟   

Read on to see how easy it is to create your very own beaded wall decor:



Step 1

The first thing that I did was to browse through the mother-to-be's online gift registries to get an idea of the colors and patterns that she liked.  Once I had a good feel for the decor plan of the nursery, I used a digital scrapbooking app (MyScrapNook) to create these images and saved them to my computer as a photo.  From there I uploaded them to my photo account on Wal-Mart.com and had them each printed out in a 5X7.

Side Note:  It took me around an hour or so to create these printables, but if you are new to MyScrapNook it could take a bit longer as you get used to the program.



Step 2

I purchased 5X7 frames in a gold tone finish to coordinate with the printables.  These frames came complete with a cream mat that had a gray border.  This was great luck because I had already planned on adding beading around the entire piece and the gray border substituted as the perfect, pre-measured guideline.  I love it when things come together!



Step 3

I framed the printables making sure to place the glass behind the artwork.  This was important for a couple of reasons; one, I needed the artwork exposed for gluing, and two, if the mother ever wishes to change the decor of the room all she has to do is remove the artwork and the frames are still functional for standard use.



Step 4

I used hot glue to add beading around the borders or the artwork as well as inside the centers of the smaller roses.  Two of the pieces I finished out in shades of pink, but for the print containing the baby's name I used pearly white and crystal looking beads.

And there you have it, custom art work for baby's room or any room of your choice.

**********

I hope you enjoyed this how-to post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment